Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So exciting, it's explosive.

I assume that most people have been keeping up with the news, but in case you haven't been, here's a little headline to catch you up:

Several parcel bombs, intended for various embassies around Athens, have either exploded or been neutralized. The first of many went off in the courier's office right in my neighborhood. There has been massive police control and many roads have been blocked off.

It is a little scary to be living here at this time, but it does not seem to affect my fellow Greek residents. I'm not sure if the stark difference is due to my over reaction or their indifference. It's almost like they are saying, "Whatever, this sort of stuff happens all the time." And well, it kind of does.

Along with massive road blocks (which makes a usual 15 minute walk turn into an hour taxi ride) the Greek government has suspended all international mail. Hopefully this does the trick!

1 comment:

  1. So maybe I shouldn't try to smuggle in canned goods?

    ReplyDelete