Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New skills, some obvious, a few unconventional

I've been abroad for about two months now and I've developed some unique skills. Some I could have guessed, but others I would not have predicted to obtain when I left the states. Here's the list:

Manual labor with my left hand
Chucking things
Hand washing clothes in various sinks
Navigating my way through Italian train stations and cities
Making myself look busy
Hurling bales of hay
Eating things I don't like
Understanding conversations in Italian
Standing with purpose
Holding my breath for long periods of time (i.e. when mucking out a chicken coop)
Falling asleep anywhere for any amount of time
Pruning tomato plants
Making playlists on my iPod to fit my mood/activity
Saying goodbye to people, I've had to do it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment